Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spicy Food in the Hunan Province

The Hunan province is known for its spicy food. On my trip in China, we stayed in Changsha located in the Hunan province. Almost every dish I had contained little small red peppers which were extremely HOT AND SPICY.

Spicy squid!



This is a typical school lunch at the Changsha Mingde school. The chicken, corn, and beef with green peppers had a ton of those little small peppers. It was delicious, but very very spicy!

This was the spicest dish I've ever eaten in my life. Just one bite sent my whole mouth on fire. It contained lots of red peppers, green peppers, garlic and scallions.



When I was in Changsha, the mother in my homestay family made this bowl of noodles, with egg, peppers, scallions and broth for me every morning. Noodles are a very common breakfast in China. The peppers in the soup made the soup a little too spicy for my taste, but I still enjoyed eating it. I will miss it! The hotel in Changsha also had a build your own soup section at the buffet and had these exact same ingredients to make your own soup, but the broth wasn't as good as my homestay family's.

No comments: