I made a mixed greens salad with parmesan cheese crisps, balsamic vinaigrette, apples and carrots for dinner tonight. I find salads very fun to decorate. You can really expand on the decoration of a salad.
Parmesean Cheese Crisps:
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Put the grated cheese in little small circle piles onto an OILED or GREASED sheet of parchment paper on a baking tray. You can grease it with canola oil or butter. Press the parmesan flat with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the crisps for at least 4 minutes, but check the oven to make sure they don't get too brown.
- Remove from oven once they turn a darker yellowish color.
- Remove the crisps with a spatula after the crisps have been out of the oven for at least a minute.
I made this without looking at a recipe. Here is what I did:
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- Tiny bit of dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Tiny bit of salt
- Tiny bit of pepper
Make sure you taste the dressing before serving. Add more ingredients to your liking.