Sunday, May 4, 2014

Thick Hot Chocolate




Who doesn't love a nice warm cup of thick HOT CHOCOLATE? When I was in 7th grade, my family and I traveled to Paris during spring break and we went to a nice cafe. I cannot remember the name, but it was really spectacular. I remember we ended up going back twice. They served thick and sweet hot chocolate and it was so filling. Truly savory and delicious. I also remember ordering an omelet with two different cheeses, a chocolate croissant and some toast out of the two times that we went to the cafe. I have attempted to replicate their hot chocolate recipe and I think this one tastes pretty similar. Feel free to use any kind of chocolate and do not let the milk scald. This recipe works great with some whipped cream on top and a chocolate chip cookie. Now drink this with a nice small cup and pretend you are in a Paris cafe. 

Serves 2
Ingredients: 
  • Chocolate of your choice (5 squares of ghiradelli chocolate/ cocoa powder/chocolate chips) 
  • 1 cup of milk 
  • Whipping cream to top
Directions
  • Bring milk to a boil on medium heat. Do not let it scald. 
  • Turn it down to low 
  • Add your chocolate 
  • The longer you stir it the thicker the hot chocolate will get 
  • Add whipping cream on the top

No comments: