Makes 60 cookies
Each cookies is about 63 calories
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter (2 sticks) at room temp
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of molasses
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients- flour, salt, cinnamon and powdered ginger.
- Add the molasses
- Roll the dough into parchment paper. Freeze the dough for as long as you want, but in order to serve the cookies, they should be frozen and then sliced thinly and evenly.
- Slice the cookies to be about 1/4 inch thick. Since they were frozen they do not spread out on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for ten minutes and top the cookies with some granulated sugar after they are finished.