Photo Credit: Jenny
Enjoy a nice hot bowl of soup on a summery day. Minestrone is light and has many nutritional benefits for your body. I love eating many vegetables at once. It makes me feel like I'm doing my body a favor. This soup is also filling and you won't really need more than a little more than a cup.
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of celery
- 3 cups of chopped cabbage
- 2 cups of potatoes
- 1 cup of green beans
- 1 1/2 of cannellini beans
- 1 onion
- 6 cups of organic chicken broth
- Choose a large pot and put the oil, butter and onion inside. Cook on medium low.
- Add the carrots, two minutes later add the celery, and then the potatoes.
- Soak the green beans in cold water and rinse and cut off both ends. Dice them into 1 inch pieces.
- Add the green beans to the pot. Give all ingredients a stir and after another few minutes add the shredded cabbage. Continue to cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add the brother and the tomatoes with their juice. Add some salt. If using canned broth, salt this recipe lightly.
- The soup should cook for about 2.5 hours on a gentle simmer. Cook until the soup is very dense. It should never be too watery.
- Feel free to add some grated cheese.
Calories per serving: 265
Total fat: 18.4 g
Sat fat: 4.7 g
Cholestrol: 11.3 mg
Sodium: 185 mg
Carb: 22 g
Fiber: 4.8 g
Sugars: 3.7 g