Photo by Jenny
My mother made this recipe up and if you are a pumpkin lover, you will love this recipe. It is very moist. It always reminds me of fall. It is best eaten warm and with coffee or a glass of milk.
- 1.5 cup of sugar ( 1/2 cup of brown and 1 cup of white)
- 0.5 cup of oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1.75 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of cloves, cardamom , cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice
- 0.5 cup of raisins (optional)
- 0.5 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Mix oil, sugar, eggs and pumpkin puree with a mixer
- Add dry ingredients- flour, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, baking powder and baking soda and salt. Mix well for about a minute. If you plan to add nuts and raisins add them at this point.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan and top the bread with brown sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour in one loaf pan or 45 minutes in two small pans at 350 degrees.