Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Baozi- Steamed Buns with Pork


On May 5, 2012, my friends and I got together to make Chinese steamed buns with pork, fried rice and szechuan green beans. The dough for the buns was made exactly like the buns I did earlier (below this post).The pork was made with ground up pork, onions, scallions, peanut oil, sesame oil, cooking wine and soy sauce. After the meat was inserted into the dough, we twisted the top.

 I really love eating steamed buns. I wanted to learn how to make them, so I could continue to eat them. America does not have many Chinese restaurants with steamed buns. Only places that do Dim Sum have these. It's really a shame! On my China trip, we ate lots of steamed buns with pork, red bean paste and even plain ones. Shanghai is dumpling and steamed bun city.

No comments: