Thursday, March 27, 2014

Delicious Protein Smoothies

Herbal Life Chocolate Protein Powder with Formula 1 Cafe Latte 
Strawberries with Herbal Life Cookies and Cream Formula 1 and Tera Whey's Vanilla Protein Powder

Placing ingredients into a blender is not cooking, but I love protein smoothies. Ever since I started doing cross fit and working out at least five times a week my body has needed way more protein than I ever have eaten in my life. It is a great mid-afternoon snack. I have better energy and no longer get dizzy spells from eating more protein. 

Recently, I have purchased Herbal Life and Tera's Whey's Burboun Vanilla Protein Powder. I have also used my boyfriend, David's brownie-chocolate elite XT protein powder. My favorite is protein powders are from herbal life, because the formula 1 meal and protein powder taste great together and I get better energy from the powder. The cookies and cream and chocolate protein powder taste the best mixed together. It is very expensive, so I do not recommend it for the long term. I learned from Herbal Life that I need to consume more protein and I need to eat 4-5 small meals a day depend on activity level. I was raised on eating three meals a day and I may return to that lifestyle, but right now I need to do this. 

Normal formula for me: 
  • 8 oz of water 
  • 1-2 scoops of protein powder 
  • 1/2 cup of a fruit of choice (strawberries, banana, blueberries, blackberries) 
  • A few ice cubes
If I make a chocolate protein smoothie then I will do: 
  • 1/2 banana 
  • 8 oz of water 
  • 1-2 teaspoons of peanut butter 
  • 1- 2 scoops of protein powder 
I recommend adding: greek yogurt, chia seeds, oatmeal or peanut butter to your smoothie to make it thicker and MORE DELICIOUS. 

You can also have some fun and make HEALTHY ice-cream and protein pancakes by adding protein powder. 
Healthy Ice-Cream
 Chill in the freezer for 20-30 minutes
  • 1/2 cup of organic greek yogurt (plain) 
  • 1 scoop of protein powder

No comments: