A friend and I made Shuku Shuku cookies together during the afternoon on a boring, slow day. They remind me very much of my mother's classic coconut cookies, but are much richer and thick. Be careful not to overcook them.
Recipes make about 14 cookies
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit
- Mix the coconut, sugar and eggs
- Squeeze the dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in the flour
- Place them on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart and bake them for 20 minutes until they turn a golden color.
Calories: 85 per cookie