Photos taken by Jenny
A very simple recipe for those who love bananas and fried food. When I was eating these, I felt as if I was at the the state fair. When adding the batter to the fryer, make sure it is gooey and not too runny, otherwise you will end up with lots of extra fried pieces.
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 5 bananas
- Oil for deep frying
- Powdered sugar
- Mix the flour and sugar and then beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the milk 1/3 cup at a time and continue to beat the batter until it is smooth and elastic.
- Peel the bananas and chop them up into small pieces. With a fork, mass the bananas into a smooth puree. Stir the puree into the batter and let the mixture rest for about 30 minutes.
- Pour oil into a pan or a fryter about 2-3 inches. When the oil starts to bubble, you can now drop the banana better in.
- For each fritter, ladle about 1/4 of the batter into the hot oil. You can deep-fry 2-4 at a time depending on the size of your pan or fryer. Make sure that they spread into 3-4 inch rounds or oblongs. Turn them with a spoon until they are golden brown on all sides. When they are done, transfer them to a paper towel to drain.
- Let them cool and then sprinkle powdered sugar lightly on top.
- Tip: These taste really good with peanut butter.