This is the most simple but savory and truly authentic Italian pasta dish. I made up this recipe and I love foods that are moderately spicy. But do not worry, this dish is still comforting as well. The sauce goes well with any type of pasta.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 pieces of garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons of chili flakes
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- Grated cheese of choice (Parmesan, Romano, Pecorino Romano, Asiago)
- 3/4 lb of pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up two pans - one with the chopped tomatoes, one tablespoon of olive oil and one piece of garlic and the other with the other two tablespoons of olive oil, the chili flakes and the other garlic. Turn both of them on to medium heat and sautee them for about five minutes. The garlic should not turn brown. The pan with olive oil, chili flakes and garlic heats up very fast. Take it off the heat after the oil begins to boil.
- Heat a pot of water for the pasta and cook the pasta. When the pasta is finished (pasta should be cooked al dente), add the tomatoes to the pasta and mix. Then add the other mixture and mix too.
- Top the pasta with cheese when you serve.