Lucy's Sugar cookies are very simple and satisfying! I truly recommend this recipe for the sugar cookie lover. Just one cookie contains the perfect amount of sweetness. The dough is great for freezing, so you don't have to make very many at once.
Makes about 40 cookies (depending on the size)
Calories: Each cookie is about 60 calories
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 3/4 (14 tablespoons) sticks of butter
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- Cream together the butter and sugar
- Add the egg
- Add the flour
- Add the vanilla
- The dough is very soft. Drop of the dough into a long log shape onto a very large piece of wax paper. Roll the paper over the dough and shape the dough through the wax paper.
- Roll it into a log. Twist the ends of the paper and refrigerate for at least six hours.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Cut the cookies very thin and place on a baking tray with parchment paper. Don't add flour to the cookies.
- Put the rest of the log back in the refrigerator.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes.
- As soon as the cookies are cool enough take them off the baking sheet, otherwise they will be too soggy.