I recently visited my boyfriend, David and decided to make him a real treat.
I made a calzone. I did not use a recipe and did this by complete instinct. I had a small taste and thought it was delicious.
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/3 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil
- Fillings of your choice: red sauce/ alfredo sauce, cheese, sausage, pepperoni, veggies…
- Mix the flour, water, baking powder and salt. The dough should not be too sticky. Add more flour and water if necessary.
- Knead the dough into a ball and let it rest for 20-30 minutes. Cover it with a damp towel in a bowl.
- Cut the ball into two halves. You will want one of the pieces to be larger.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll out the dough. Roll it very thin into an oval shape. Sprinkle some extra salt on the dough.
- Prepare a baking sheet and lightly oil it as well as the dough.
- Add the fillings onto one of the ovals. You should start with the sauce, then the cheese and then the rest of your desired ingredients. Put the second oval ontop and squeeze the edges together with your fingers or your fork.
- Bake the calzone for 25-30 minutes.
- Enjoy! It's going to be very hot so let it cool for awhile before digging in.