(Align the two colors next to each other, so you can twist the dough and form a candy cane like shape)
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Each cookie about: 70 calories (If you get four dozen)
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of sifted confectioners sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp of almond extract
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Red food coloring
- Mix the butter and sugar together, vanilla, almond extract and then add the egg.
- Add the flour and salt.
- Divide the dough into halves and add red food coloring to one half.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees farenheit.
- Roll 1 tsp each color dough into a strip (4 inches long). Place the strips side by side, press lightly together and twist them like a rope and form a candy cane like shape.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place each candy cane on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- After they cool, sprinkle confectioners sugar on top.