Tuesday, August 5, 2014

French Toast

French Toast with Blueberries 
Photo Credit: Jenny

Want to enjoy a lucious and juicy piece of french toast with homemade cinnamon raisin bread. In reality, I don't actually follow a recipe. I just toss all the ingredients together and produce some amazing edible product. Here is a recipe that I pulled from all.recipes.com. I try to make the bread really wet and juicy and I fry it in a pan until the bread turns brown. I love eating this meal with low-fat vanilla yogurt. The toast does not even need syrup.

French Toast with Wheat Bread 
Breakfast for David- my boyfriend 
Photo Credit: Jenny
Ingredients:
  • 6 slices of bread of choice - any bread works but I love using cinnamon raisin bread
  • 2 eggs (substitute egg whites if you want) 
  • 2/3 cup of milk (skim or low-fat) 
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon 
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 
  • Butter or vegetable oil for frying 
  • Powdered sugar (optional) 
Directions: 
  • Beat the wet ingredients together 
  • Add the cinnamon 
  • Soak the bread evenly on each side 
  • Heat up a pan with some butter or vegetable oil 
  • Fry the bread until it turns lightly brown 

No comments: