Talk about food porn!! These cookies taste like brownies. Very chewy and indulgent. I did copy the recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook, but I usually don't follow it all the time. The chocolate chips are my own idea. This is a tricky and messy recipe, but it is totally worth it. I have spent hours cleaning up after making these, because the chocolate will go all over the place.
Recipe makes 12+ cookies depending on size
Calories per cookie: 200
- 10 oz of chocolate or chocolate chips-> this is the chocolate that you will melt.
- 4 oz of chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar + 2 tablespoons
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Heat the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt the chocolate until it is thoroughly melted on medium heat.
- Mix the eggs, vanilla and brown sugar with an electric mixer.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs, vanilla and brown sugar and mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt into the whole mixture and make sure that everything is smooth and mixed well.
- Add the extra chocolate chips.
- Put the cookie dough into the fridge for about five minutes and spoon it out onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. Flatten the cookies out a little. They will puff up in the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 325 degrees.