Fettucine Alfredo (Homemade noodles)
The sauce with onion
Photographs by Jenny
This recipe is so simple. You really can make it any way you like it and it will still taste great. It is very rich and creamy and definitely the ultimate comfort food! There really isn't a way to go wrong. If you want less calories or fat, use more milk and less cream and butter. If you want a bite to the sauce then add different cheeses or some spices.
Serves: 3-4 people
- 1/2 cup of half and half cream
- 3/4 cup of skim milk
- 1-2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of cheese of choice (I use parmesan or pecorino)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Optional: lemon, nutmeg or onion
- Melt the butter. If you wish, add some onion and garlic.
- Add the creme and milk and let simmer for about four minutes.
- Add the flour. This will give your sauce a thicker consistency. Start with 1 tablespoon and add more if you desire a thicker sauce.
- Add lemon or nutmeg.
- Cook the sauce or medium to medium low heat for about five to ten minutes. You can serve it right away or put it in the fridge for later.
- When serving, remember to add parmesan cheese on top.
For a homemade pasta recipe click on this link: http://thesweettomato.blogspot.com/2015/02/homemade-pasta-dough.html