Photograph by Jenny
Want fries that taste better and healthier than McDonalds? Well, I decided to try to make fries. I don’t normally eat them, but I even tasted them to see how spectacular they came out. They were very crispy, but not as salty. There also is more of a “potato” taste rather than a fried one. Hope you try this one out and make it for yourself and friends.
- As many potatoes as you desire
- Canola/Vegetable oil
- Peel and cut up as many potatoes as you desire and soak them in salty water for about 10-15 minutes
- Heat up a pan with 1-2 inches of oil. When the oil begins to bubble dump in the potatoes.
- Watch the fries every now and then and stir them around a little.
- When they have reached desired crunchiness or consistency to your liking, take them out and pad them down with a paper towel.
- Feel free to salt them again.