My mother and I worked on making homemade noodles and ravioli over the Christmas holiday with a pasta machine. At school and for my boyfriend, I decided to roll out the dough and cut them by hand. It is much more time consuming, but it is cost efficient and fun. You will need two eggs per every cup of flour. I generally use about 1 1/2 cups of flour and you get about four servings. You can also use this dough to make ravioli, lasagna etc.
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- Extra flour
- Mix the egg and flour together and knead until it becomes firm but not too hard.
- Let the dough rest, covered with a wet towel, for about 20-30 minutes.
- Flour a surface and cut the dough into sections. Roll it with a rolling pin and try to get the dough as thin as possible.
- Fold the dough into sections and begin cutting the noodles that you want.
- After cutting, place the noodles or line them up on a floured surface. Make sure they are not touching each other.
- You can cook them immediately, or let the dough dry.
- For cooking, heat up a pot of boiling water (salted) and add the noodles. They cook until they have a small bite, but not too thick or hard. So about 15-20 minutes depending on how thick your dough is.
- Add any sauce to these noodles.
Hand cut noodles